MUSES OF THE WEST
CANCELLATION POLICY & WAIVER AGREEMENT
If you need to withdraw from a workshop, you must inform us no later than 45 days prior to the first day of the event, and we will refund your full tuition, less a $500.00 registration fee. After the cutoff date a refund will only be made if a qualified replacement is found. If it is necessary for us to cancel an event all registered participants will be notified at once, and you will receive a full refund of payments.
Notification of cancellation due to low enrollment will be made at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the event. For this reason we encourage you to purchase refundable airline tickets and consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance. The event will not be responsible for any loss on airline tickets or any other loss at all. Muses of the West shall hold no responsibility or liability for personal injury to any participant or damage to any participant’s property, or for personal injuries or damage to the property of any other person resulting from the participant’s involvement in the event.
Muses of the West reserves the right to cancel any workshop/event and to alter the time, context, or format in the event circumstances require. In the event a workshop/event is cancelled, for any reason the extent of Muses of the West’s liability is limited to the return of all fees and deposits paid.
- I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warning, and further agree to follow any written or oral instructions or directions given by Muses of the West as well as its leaders, employees, representatives or agents. I have read and understand all information provided to me by Muses of the West.
- I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with travel, outdoor activities and photography in the studio, city, nature or wilderness. I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and the members of my family (where applicable), and further release and discharge Muses of the West as well as its leaders, employees, representatives or agents for injury, loss and damage arising out of my or my families use of or presence upon the facilities utilized for said activities, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, Muses of the West, other third parties or nature.
- I understand that certain activities involve the need for transportation to and from locations and/or activities. I understand that although Muses of the West may facilitate travel arrangements involving common carrier, activity participants or others the responsibility for transportation rests with the drivers or transportation providers. Participant agrees to hold Muses of the West as well as its leaders, employees, representatives or agents harmless for any claims related to transportation associated with any activity.
- I agree to indemnify and defend Muses of the West as well as its leaders, employees, representatives or agents against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use of or presence on the outing or facilities utilized.
- I agree to be fully responsible and pay for all damages to the facilities and locations utilized caused by me or my families negligent, reckless, or willful actions. This may include but is not limited to legal fees, fines, penalties, restoration and repair costs.
- For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, I hereby grant Muses of the West, its affiliates, agents, representatives, licensees and assigned the right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and republish at any time any images, photographs or recordings of me (still and/or motion) or in which I may be included, in whole or in part, for all purposes that Muses of the West deems appropriate including, without limitation, for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes. I agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify Muses of the West and all persons acting under its permission or authority, from any liability by virtue of any publication of the images, including, without limitation, any claim of rights of publicity or privacy.
- Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above activity shall be resolved in Delta count, using Colorado law. In any such action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover their attorney’s fees.
- Muses of the West has the right to cancel any event and to alter the time, context, or format of any workshop in the event circumstances require. In the event a workshop is cancelled, for any reason the extent of the event’ liability is limited to the return of all fees and deposits paid.